Discogs is the largest database of music information. Each month, millions of people use Discogs to connect and learn about music as well as buy and sell it. We are a small and creative company where each employee’s contribution can have a large impact. As Discogs continues to grow, we are looking for bright, dedicated, innovative, and highly motivated people to help us realize the vision of Discogs: To be the premier website for music enthusiasts everywhere.
We are looking for a Community Support Lead to support our growing Japanese user base. The ideal candidate will be a top-notch interpersonal communicator, problem-solver, and a real people-person. This position will lead Community Support located in Japan, partner closely with US based and NL based Community Support Leadership and the Company Leadership Team based in Beaverton, OR, US. The ability to guide and mentor team members, collaborate with all teams -- spanning across different time zones -- and respond to users with empathy will be critical to your success. A main focus of this role is to support our growth in Japan. This is a remote position as we have not yet established an office space in Japan. You will work directly with our current Japanese support representative who is located in Tokyo.
- Provides quality and efficient community support through daily management of Community Support Representatives, including coaching, mentoring, recognizing and rewarding, and problem solving.
- Provides clear, concise, and empathetic written responses to requests for support with Discogs marketplace policies and processes, user account activity, and basic discography guidance.
- Assists the Community Support Manager with development, analysis, implementation of staffing, training, scheduling, and reward/recognition programs.
- Provides Community Support Manager with daily/as-needed reports on staff performance and progress.
- Resolves community member disputes and provides corrective action where appropriate.
- Initiates, tracks, and manages a variety of projects, in liaison with other departments, which enhance Community Support Representative efficiency and effectiveness.
- Above all -- a genuine passion for music!
- At least 2-3 years experience in leading a team of representatives in customer-facing positions.
- Fluency in both English and Japanese (written and spoken).
- Experience in a team-based work environment.
- Excellent time-management and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work select weekend flex shifts.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation (Salary + Bonus)
- Your choice of hardware (MacBook Air is most commonly used by our CS Reps)
- Paid holidays (Vacation and National Holidays)
- Flexible work environment
- Work from home, shared workspaces or coffee shops. You decide what works best for you
- Fun and Dynamic Culture
- This is a full-time position, Monday - Friday, with rotating weekend shifts and flex days.